Sunday 3 February 2013

Nose Cone - part 1

Both headlights now in place and the nose cone balanced to check the overall effect. It's starting to look like a car. But that's as far as I got with the nose cone.


 These photos show the lack of clearance on both sides around the top wishbone. I had to pull the fibreglass apart to get the cone on this far and it physically rubs against the wishbone. I bought this kit after the mods to the nose cone were in production. GBS must have slipped me old stock because I believe (from RHoCAR posts) that this is the problem with the older cones. I need to check with GBS.

 The top of the cone lines up parallel with the chassis and in reasonable position for drilling a fixing hole, but the lower panel is not over the chassis cross bar and the sides snag on the wishbones. Disappointment. I would have likes to have completed fitting with the indicators today.








No comments:

Post a Comment